Sticky On Top plugin for ClassiPress addresses one of the most talked about functionality in ClassiPress which is to put featured ads on top in both ad category and search pages without affecting the other aspects of the query or the pagination. We have launched another plugin together with this called Featured Ultimate which will do the same thing but also add a ribbon and highlight the featured ads.
There have been previous attempts to fix this issue but they involved either sorting within the post array which never worked with pagination, or simply adding another query to stick a few featured ads at the top, which caused in featured ads being repeated. The solution as generally understood is editing the requested query, which is what we attempted, and here is our solution in the form of a plugin. Sticky On Top is currently the only working solution, which is also at the core of the Featured Ultimate plugin. So if you are not already using a mod to highlight featured ads, make sure you buy the Featured Ultimate plugin instead.
NOTE: We have deliberately excluded the listings under the “Just Listed”, “Most Popular”, and “Random” tabs on the homepage from sorting simply because they are meant to be sorted in a specific way and that is not by featured ads.
- Sort ad category and search result pages by featured ads on top
- Works with pagination without any problem
- No additional queries, no hacking the posts array, no ads listing twice
- Compatible with ClassiPress 3.1.9, 3.2+ and 3.3+
- Extract zip in the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.